Liam Douglas Marcum4/24/09, 1:46pm
8lbs 14oz, 19.5 inches
Our beautiful baby boy was welcomed into the world on Friday! Labor started on Thursday afternoon around 2:00 with irregular contractions around 8-10 minutes apart. Finally at 7:30pm the contractions started to get closer together, unfortunately they stayed about 6-8 minutes apart for the entire night! We had no sleep, and finally around 3:00 I decided to walk circles around the house until they became close enough together to go to the hospital. We arrived at the hospital at 5:00 am and prayed that they would let us stay! After being checked in to our room everything progressed nicely and rather quickly. I could not have asked for a better delivery. My nurses were wonderful and Craig was the best coach a girl could have asked for. After only 23 minutes of pushing, we met our beautiful son! I expected a big baby, but was still a little surprised when I saw how big he was. He has been an absolute angel so far. He has Daddy's temper and gets cranky pretty fast, but he's pretty easy to calm down. We feel so blessed and thank God for bringing such a wonderful gift into our lives. Life will never be the same, and I couldn't be happier. I will post more pictures later today. This one has been my favorite so far.

Congratulations! We are so excited for you and glad to hear that labor/delivery went well. Can't wait to meet Liam. Mary and Lila will have to fight over him...too bad you didn't have two! :)
ReplyDeleteI love that picture too! I have a very similar one of Ellie, which is also one of my favorites :) Congrats again!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on such a beautiful baby!!! Love the photos on facebook!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness, how precious is he?! CONGRATULATIONS BEYOND CONGRATULATIONS!!! Hope you are all doing well. Let me know if you need ANYTHING (even if its the vacuum pushed around or some help with dishes). All our love to your little sweet family! =)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! We can't wait to meet the little guy. Now I have someone to give all of Coop's clothes too!
ReplyDelete