Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Boy or Girl - I put the wives tales to the test.

Over the past 8 months I have heard many different opinions about whether I am having a girl or a boy. Usually when people see me they think I am having a boy because of how I am carrying. Sometimes people just have a feeling it is a girl. Craig is almost certain it is a boy...there has not been a girl in the Marcum family in over 50 years! For a while, I was pretty sure it was a boy...but now I just don't know. I decided to put some of the wives tales to the test. Just a few weeks and we will see who is right. I would love to hear your guesses!!! Girl, boy, size, weight...what do you think?

Gender Prediction Quiz:
26% chance of having a boy
74% chance of having a girl

And Here's Why...
You are carrying the extra weight out front, so it's a boy.

The hair on your legs is not growing any faster during your preganacy, so it's a girl.

Girls are carried high. You are going to have a girl.

Your feet are not colder than they were before pregnancy. You are having a girl.

You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread. You are having a girl.
(I didn't like the heel of the loaf before I was pregnant...so I really don't see what this has to do with anything!)

Dad-to-be is gaining weight right along with Mom-to-be, which means that you'll have a boy.
(Craig hasn't gained as much weight as me, but he has definitely put on some sympathy pounds!)

The maternal grandmother doesn't have gray hair (dyed or natural), so a girl will be born.
(Really...what on earth does my mom's hair color have to do with anything?)

You had morning sickness early in pregnancy, so you are expecting a girl.
(I pretty much had all day sickness early in pregnancy)

You are looking particularly good during pregnancy. Therefore, it must be a boy, because girls steal their mother's looks.
(Some of you may disagree with this one...but I don't think I look too bad!)

Your chest development has not been very dramatic during pregnancy. You should expect a boy.
(I've waited all my life for this one...but it still hasn't happened!)

Since the sum of the mother's age at conception and the number of the month of conception is an odd number, it will be a girl.

You are craving sweets, which means that it is a girl.

Your nose hasn't changed during pregnancy, which indicates a girl.

You have been craving fruits, so it is a girl.

Your baby's heart rate is 140 or more beats per minute, so it's a girl.
(The heart rate has been right around 155)

You must have orange juice every day, so it's a girl.
(Not necessarily orange juice...but juice of some kind)

You are not having headaches, so it's a girl.

Your belly looks like a basketball, so it's a boy.
(I had to say if it looks like a basketball or watermelon. I voted basketball...but some may disagree!)

You show them the palm of your hand, so it's a girl.

(What a wierd question!)

By the way...I'm pretty sure my sister took this quiz and it said that she was having a girl too! Lincoln is definitely all boy!!! Also, I just took a different quiz that said 60% chance of having a boy and 40% chance of having a girl! Who knows!!!

These questions are pretty silly if you ask me. If I had to bet on it, I would say boy...but I don't feel too strongly one way or the other. Either way, I will love the baby more than life itself!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a boy only because then I could give you ALL Cooper's cute boy clothes!! I've already given all of Sadie's away. You look fantastic!! I can't wait to see you guys...hopefully before the little one comes. I still have to send you my shower gift!! I'm so sorry I haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your quiz... FYI I think you are going to have a girl and Jessi is going to have a boy... just guesses though. I can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete