Thursday, July 15, 2010

4th Of July Weekend

The weekend of the 4th was spent in Cle Elum, WA celebrating the wedding of our friends Steve and Brianne Lowe.  The wedding was at the gorgeous Suncadia Resort.  I will admit, I was envious of all those parents there who had babysitters for their kids!  Last summer, Liam was easy to take to weddings because all he did was sleep!  Now he is much more acitve and demanding...not really fun to have at a wedding!  Unfortunately the wedding was 2 hours from home, and I'm just not ready to leave him yet.  Call me crazy...but I just enjoy my time with him and don't think anyone but me can take care of him overnight.  I wonder when I will get over that???  Not to mention, the person we would have left him with was at the wedding, so that wasn't really an option for us.  Even though it was a challenge, he did great and we had so much fun dancing and partying baby in tow.
Me and Patty (our babysitter!) at the "cocktail hour"
We tried so hard to get Liam to sleep during the ceremony...but he finally crashed for a short nap just in time for mommy and daddy to enjoy some cocktails
Liam's new trick - "peek a boo"
He finally crashed while dancing.  Thank goodness for the lucky baby sling!

On the morning of the 4th, we got up early and headed home for the annual Marcum Fam-Am golf tournament.  It was pretty mellow this year.  Fun to have Liam on the course with us.  Much different from last year when I had to keep him in the club house because he was so tiny and it was so hot!  He enjoyed riding in the cart, but was so worn out from the weekend festivities that he crashed and took a nap on the seat of the golf cart!  It was too cute.  After the tournament, we were all too tired for fireworks.  We came home and crashed early!

No comments:

Post a Comment