Last week we had our first official family vacation! Yes, we go here there and everywhere...but this was the first trip we had planned as an actual vacation. No plans, no one to see, no where to be. It was so fun! We went to the Washington coast, which isn't too impressive because you never know what to expect when it comes to the weather. Regardless of the weather, we had great company and really enjoyed our time together. We traveled over 1,000 miles between Thursday and Tuesday and Liam had no meltdowns in the carseat! He is a great traveler. We rented a cabin from a friend at Ocean Shores. The cabin was great and walking distance from the beach, which was even better! The town of Ocean Shores could use some improvement...which seems to be the pattern with many of the Washington coastal towns. We took a day trip to Westport (slightly better than Ocean Shores), and another day trip to Forks and La Push...the setting for the Twilight series! Forks is tiny...just like it was described in the books. La Push was beautiful and second beach was one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen! The Olympic Peninsula is a gorgeous place...I wish we had more time to explore because it was worth seeing. On the way home we took Liam to the zoo for the first time. He's still a little young to appreciate it, but we had a great time.
Lots has happened with Liam's development over the last few weeks! He has FINALLY started walking. Hallelujah!!! I know, many of you are going to tell me I'll wish I could take that back and have him crawling again. But the time had to come. He's almost 15 months old, and he was getting really heavy. He is so proud of himself when he walks, and he seems so much happier! I think it really helped that he spent 5 days with 3 other walking children. He's officially a walker now...yippee!
Walking down to the beach our first morning there
The first time his feet hit the sand, he was in heaven! He had the biggest smile on his face.
He looks like such a big boy in this picture
Brrrrrrr...that water is cold!
"I don't wanna leave...turn around!"
My nephew Lincoln buried in the sand
Laney Grace covered in sand
His first taste of sand...
...and he was hooked!
We literally could not get the child to STOP eating sand!
baby feet are so cute...even covered in dirt!
A little "crabby"
mmmmm....ice cream!
Liam loves his cousin Lincoln
We had NO IDEA how high we were swinging him. He is such a little dare devil!
We took a day trip to Forks and checked out all of the "Twilight" hotspots
Hiking at La Push to Second Beach. One of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen!
Pretty cool, you hike through the rain forest and end up on the beach
Yay...more sand!
"mom, let me go...I wanna go play!"
Liam and Ellie at the Woodland Park Zoo
Learning to walk
The cabin at Ocean Shores and the crew. We had a blast!
A little "crabby"
mmmmm....ice cream!
Liam loves his cousin Lincoln
We had NO IDEA how high we were swinging him. He is such a little dare devil!
We took a day trip to Forks and checked out all of the "Twilight" hotspots
Hiking at La Push to Second Beach. One of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen!
Pretty cool, you hike through the rain forest and end up on the beach
Yay...more sand!
"mom, let me go...I wanna go play!"
Liam and Ellie at the Woodland Park Zoo
Learning to walk
The cabin at Ocean Shores and the crew. We had a blast!

Looks like you guys had so much fun! Love the "eating sand" pics...adorable!!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures, Nikki! I even stole a couple :) We had so much fun!
ReplyDelete