This is a tribute to my family dog "Jake." Jake came in to our lives over 11 years ago. I still remember the day we got him like it was yesterday. My sister's boyfriend at the time brought over a bunch of puppies for my family to choose from. My Dad wasn't really on board with getting another dog, but we knew that if we just got the puppies there he wouldn't be able to say no. Sure enough, we ended up choosing Jake. He was so cute! I wish I had a digital camera back then so I could look back at pictures of him as a puppy. My mom was reminding me of when she would rock him to sleep at night. He was such a snuggler. Unfortunately today we had to say goodbye. That's the hard part about having dogs...they are not going to out live you, so it is inevitable that the time will come to say goodbye. Jake spent the night with me and Craig this weekend and we knew he wasn't doing well. Saying goodbye to Jake has made me realize how much I need to appreciate Jackson and the time he has to be a part of our family. I love you Jake! Rest in Peace and live it up in puppy heaven with Murphy, JD, and Tokem.

This is so sweet, Nikki! It totally brought tears to my eyes. I feel for you and your family.
ReplyDelete