I can not believe that my baby guy is 9 months old! I know I say it every month, but scheduling his 12 month check up this morning really struck me. He's almost one!!! Time really does fly. Although I'm sad that he's growing up so fast, I LOVE watching him learn new things every day. He's crawling like crazy, it's hard to keep up with him. He pulls himself up on everything, the couch, dishwasher, bathtub, crib. It's so cute when I go in to get him from a nap and he's just standing there waiting for me! The only problem is he hasn't quite figured out how to get back down gracefully. My nephew used to stand up in the bath tub all the time and we were constantly saying "Lincoln, sit." It turned out that "sit" was his first word! We'll see what Liam decides to say first. Right now it's a race between "momma" and "dadda" because he babbles both of them all the time! He also sounds like he's saying "hi" sometimes, but we know it's not really a word yet...just a close approximation. When he's not babbling and cooing, he hollars and growls in a way that truly sounds like the tasmanian devil.
Liam spent his 9 month birthday with a nasty cold, so our monthly photo shoot did not go as planned. I took a few pictures today in his cute Seahawks sweat suit, but he still looks a little out of it in most of the pictures. This photo shoot didn't go as smoothly as previous months because he just wants to be on the move. Getting a 9 month old to sit still, look at the camera, and smile...are you kidding me? I'm starting to think we need to invest in an SLR camera so we can capture those precious moments quickly...because he moves so fast! He's a mover and a shaker...he just wants to be on the go!
At our 9 month well child check this morning Liam weighed in at 19 lbs. 11 oz. and 27 3/4 inches long. He's in the 40th percentile for height and 35th for weight. His head, however, has been a perfect 50 since he was born. I just can't believe that the "tank" I delievered at 8 lbs 14 oz has turned into a "tiny guy." I have to keep reminding myself that average is okay...he doesn't have to be a moose to be healthy. But it's hard not to compare, especially when his cousin who is 4 months old is officially longer and weighs about the same!!! I think I drove Craig a little crazy this morning asking myself "have I fed him enough?"..."is it something I did?" Craig just reminded me, it's genetics...he's destined to be a short Marcum! I was hoping that some of the tall genes from my side of the family would kick in, but oh well. I still love him...no matter what size he is!
Poor sick baby, snuggling with momma
"Look Mom...I'm standing!"
"oooh, laundry...let me make a mess of what mommy just folded!"
"Daddy, play some more music!"
"you want me to sit for a picture, yeah right!"
Just ignore the drool...and check out those baby blues!

oh my goodness! Time does fly!! He's absolutely perfect, you need not worry Momma! You're a great mommy and of course you feed him really well! I miss all of you!
ReplyDeleteXO
The Steinbachs
He's not tiny, he's perfect. It's amazing how much they have both grown. Liam is adorable! I hope he's feeling better.
ReplyDelete