Time is flying by and our baby boy is already one month old. I had intended on posting an update of his exciting moments over the first month of life...but he had something else in mind. On Tuesday night we ended up in the ER when Liam spiked a fever of 101. Apparently, a fever over 100.4 is a major no no in babies under 45 days of age. We ended up staying in the hospital for a few days watching his fever and pumping him full of antibiotics. They were unable to locate the infection, but some how he picked up something and was one sick baby. Here are some pictures of Liam's first traumatic hospital stay...and hopefully his last!

The poor baby was out of it all day on Wednesday and slept the day away on mommy's lap. The night before he had gotten a catheter for a urine sample, a lumbar puncture for a sample of spinal fluid, poked in the hands and arms, and an IV in the foot. He was worn out!

"Mommy...why are they doing this to me?"

Just soaking up the antibiotics...and looking cute while he's doing it!

The IV came out of his foot after day 1 and they didn't want to put him through that trauma again...so the IV went in the head!!! They said it is the best place for it, the worst part is seeing the reactions they get from the hysterical moms!!! They had to tape booties to his hands so he wouldn't pull it out of his head...and all they had was pink. He's clearly exhausted!

We came home today and Liam is doing great! He's happy to be home, and starting to smile more and more every day! Despite this traumatic and exhausting experience, he continues to bring us so much joy every day. He is changing so quickly I can't even believe it. Once he lets me put him down more during the day...I promise to be better about adding posts. For right now, I utilize any time I get to do laundry and take a shower!
We're so glad he's not in the hospital anymore and he's feeling better! His smile is absolutely adorable :)
ReplyDeleteoh LC, I am so glad you're okay! poor little man!! He's such a cutie pie, keep the pics coming!
ReplyDelete