Monday, October 12, 2009

Update

Liam and I have had a very busy and exciting last few weeks. Last Friday I sucked it up and put myself on a plane with my 5 month old, no daddy in sight, to visit my friend Cailin in California. I was nervous about the flight, but Liam did GREAT! Traveling with a baby is actually pretty easy because the flight attendants take great care of you. Everyone is pretty accommodating when you have a little one with you. Cailin didn't know we were coming, it was a surprise for her baby shower and I wish I had a picture of the look on her face when she saw us! She was definitely shocked. She looks great, makes me sick, and she is going to be a great mom! She and her hubby Nick were a huge help with Liam while I was there. He broke in their crib for them and also showed them what it was like to be woken by a crying baby multiple times throughout the night. I don't think they were quite ready for that one.
Unfortunately, since we got back Liam has been sleeping HORRIBLY! Our last night in California was the first of many bad nights to come. He used to sleep so great, and now he is waking up at 12:00, 2:00, 4:00, 6:00...and on and on and on! Everyone keeps telling me it is just a funk, so I am waiting for it to end!!! We started feeding him rice cereal, in hopes that he would sleep better at night...no such luck. But it was time anyway. The pediatrician recommended staring rice cereal at 5 1/2 months to give him some practice before getting the good stuff at 6 months. He's doing pretty well with it. He definitely likes to eat! I can't wait to post pictures of a green mess all over his face =)

Liam and his "Auntie Cay" - He was only 4 weeks old when she saw him last.

He's watching me make the food and thinking "hurry it up mommy!"

not quite sure what to think of the first bite.

hmmm...this stuff is pretty good. No daddy...you can't have any!

and then he passes out...he sleeps for a good 4 hours before the fun begins!






1 comment:

  1. Aww, what a great update. I'm glad your trip with Liam went well. He's such a cutie pie :)

    ReplyDelete